Friday, November 21, 2008

BBQ Chicken Tostadas!





I like tostadas. I make them with some regularity. I don't know what they would really be called in an actual Mexican home, but here's what I think a tostada is: Crispy corn tortilla with stuff piled on top. Usually what I pile on top is just plain chicken, cheese and jalapenos. I decided to mix things up a little and this is what I used:

2 chicken tenderloins (I started buying these because the frozen chicken breasts were so enormous, that I could have used half of one in a recipe, and it's hard to cut it in half frozen!)

Famous Dave's Rich and Sassy BBQ sauce

Corn Tortillas

Green Onion

Lettuce

Jalapenos

Sour Cream

Shredded "taco" cheese. It's a mix of cheddar and something (jack I think) with spices. I use it all of the time.

I sauteed the chicken in a pan, and then pulled it all apart using two forks. Then I dumped in the sauce, not a whole lot, but until it was covered.

I let this rest for a while. This is important because by letting it rest, it soaked in more, and was less wet. If I dump it on the tortillas wet, it makes for soggy. Eeeew. Once it's nicely rested, (I gave it as much time as it took me to set out the tortillas) put some chicken on each tortilla.


Cover it with cheese and jalapenos. Bake it in the oven at 350 for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese is all melty-licious.

Top with lettuce, tomato (if you have it, I didn't, but wished for some) green onion, and sour cream.


They were delicious. I'm going to make more.

p.s. Guess which plate is mine? Guess which is my pepper loving husband's?

No comments: