Thursday, June 4, 2009

BIG WORDS

If you read here, you have to know, I use a lot of big words. I really love big words, and I always have. Someone stupid once told me that in order to ever find a husband (or boyfriend at that point) that I would have to stop using big words and talk down to them. Wasn’t that terrible advice? Well, this misguided evil person wouldn’t have felt the need to ask me to talk down is she’s ever built her own vocabulary with a site like vocaboly.

Vocaboly is a great vocabulary builder for SAT prep, English class, or if you just want to be cool like me. I was playing a game last week, and knew the definition of hirsute. I think that’s an easy word, but my opponent did not. I let her know that you don’t get the 3rd grade nickname “The vocabulary teacher” for nothing.

I was asked to take a look at this product, and in all honesty, I can recommend this style of learning for anyone, and I think it's great for kids.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

Giraffeman said...

I'm learning some new big words too. You are so helpful with that and don't make me feel stupid. I hope I'm learning enough